1. Protecting your privacy
1. Protecting your privacy
This policy details how data about Free-Estimation's (Free Estimation) users are collected/used/disclosed when you visit our websites and services or otherwise interact with us. If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on Free-Estimation if a change is material, and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes unless given written consent.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing.
- We do provide email proxy & relay to reduce unwanted mail.
- Free-Estimation links to third party sites - please review their privacy policies.
2. Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- data you post/request on Free-Estimation, or send us directly or via other sites. Please do not post private data.
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you provide (e.g. email address, name, address, phone, fax, photos, tax ID).
- web log data (e.g. pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies (e.g. keyword searches and "favourites" lists).
- data about your devices (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plug-ins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, general location derived from IP address).
3. Data we store
- We retain data as long as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you by logging into your account.
4. Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- to vendors and service providers (e.g. your requested business provider) working on our behalf.
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets to another company.
- in aggregate or summary form, as long as it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- By visiting Free-Estimation or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect for purposes listed here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in Canada. For more information please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
LICENSE. If you are 18 or older, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non sub-licensable license to access Free-Estimation in compliance with the TOU; unlicensed access is unauthorized. You agree not to license, distribute, make derivative works, display, sell, or "frame" content from Free-Estimation, excluding content you create and sharing with friends/family. You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide, fully paid/sub-licensable license to use, copy, perform, display, distribute, and make derivative works from content you post/request.
USE. You agree not to use or provide software (except for general purpose web browsers and email clients, or software expressly licensed by us) or services that interact or interoperate with Free-Estimation, e.g. for downloading, uploading, posting, flagging, emailing, search, or mobile use. Robots, spiders, scripts, scrapers, crawlers, etc, are prohibited, as are misleading, unsolicited, unlawful, and/or spam postings/email. You agree not to collect users' personal and/or contact information ("PI").
MODERATION. You agree we may moderate Free-Estimation access and use in our sole discretion, e.g. by blocking (e.g. IP addresses), filtering, deletion, delay, omission, verification, and/or access/account/license termination. You agree (1) not to bypass said moderation, (2) we are not liable for moderating, not moderating, or representations as to moderating, and (3) nothing we say or do waives our right to moderate, or not. All site rules, e.g. cl.com/about/prohibited, are incorporated herein.
SALES. You authorize us to charge your account for Free-Estimation. Unless noted, Free-Estimation are in Canada dollars; tax is additional. To the extent permitted by law, Free-Estimation are non-refundable, even for posts we remove. We may refuse purchases, which may place a hold on your account.
DISCLAIMER. MANY JURISDICTIONS HAVE LAWS PROTECTING CONSUMERS AND OTHER CONTRACT PARTIES, LIMITING THEIR ABILITY TO WAIVE CERTAIN RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
WE RESPECT SUCH LAWS; NOTHING HEREIN SHALL WAIVE RIGHTS OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED.
To the extent permitted by law, (1) we make no promise as to Free-Estimation, its completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, propriety, security or reliability; (2) your access and use are at your own risk, and Free-Estimation is provided "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE"; (3) we are not liable for any harm resulting from (a) user content; (b) user conduct, e.g. illegal conduct; (c) your Free-Estimation use; or (d) our representations; (4) WE AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES ("Free-Estimation ENTITIES"), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES & CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; (5) Free-Estimation ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS (E.G. OF PROFIT, REVENUE, DATA, OR GOODWILL); (6) IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED $100 OR WHAT YOU PAID US IN THE PAST YEAR.
CLAIMS. You agree (1) any claim, cause of action or dispute ("Claim") arising out of or related to the TOU or your Free-Estimation use is governed by California ("CA") law regardless of your location or any conflict or choice of law principle; (2) Claims must be resolved exclusively by state or Free-Estimationderal court in San Francisco, CA (except we may seek injunctive remedy anywhere); (3) to submit to personal jurisdiction of said courts; (4) any Claim must be filed by 1 year after it arose or be forever barred; (5) not to bring or take part in a class action against Free-Estimation Entities; (6) (except government agencies) to indemnify Free-Estimation Entities for any damage, loss, and expense (e.g. legal Free-Estimationes) arising from claims related to your Free-Estimation use; (7) you are liable for TOU breaches by affiliates (e.g. marketers) paid by you, directly or indirectly (e.g. through an affiliate network); and (8) to pay us for breaching or inducing others to breach the "USE" section, not as a penalty, but as a reasonable estimate of our damages (actual damages are often hard to calculate): $0.10 per server request, $1 per post, email, flag, or account created, $1 per item of PI collected, and $1000 per software distribution, capped at $25,000 per day.
MISC. Users complying with prior written licenses may access Free-Estimation thereby until authorization is terminated. Otherwise, this is the exclusive and entire agreement between us. If a TOU term is unenforceable, other terms are unafFree-Estimationcted. If TOU translations conflict with the English version,